Today’s show is about drone mapping software and acquisition strategies.
Our caller for today, Bob has come up with a great follow-up question today. Bob listened to our previous show, “Which Pix4D Version Should I Use for Mapping a Roof?” And he has some in-depth questions about mapping software and acquisition strategies.
Specifically, how can you prevent jagged lines in drone models? Can the use of manual tie-points help you create better-looking models? On today’s show, you will learn that your acquisition strategy is program-dependent. We discuss different mapping software like Drone Deploy, Pix4D Mapper, and Pix4D React. And reveal our preferred acquisition strategy for each software.
If you are a professional mapper looking to up your game, today’s show will be particularly interesting to you. Enjoy!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [02:02]Today’s show is brought to you by PROPS and our Mapping Bootcamp
- [04:26]Today’s question is about creating lifelike and beautiful drone models
- [07:11]Is your acquisition method program-dependent?
- [07:47]What is the recommended acquisition strategy for Pix4D React?
- [09:42]Choosing the right processing template and how it impacts your map quality
- [12:10]Using MTP’s for combining data sets of two separate projects
- [14:20]Why aligning rather than merging datasets is preferable
- [15:15]Why consistent white balance is important for creating MTP’s
- [16:40]Are there any processing engines that do not require MTP’s?
- [18:40]Can you create an accurate 3D model using cloud-based software like DroneDeploy?